Wednesday 7 May 2008

Visa'd Up!

That's right, two lots of 30 days is the amount of time I can spend in China before 5August folks - got my passport back today (still my photo in it too) from the fantastic Elaine and Rocky at Phoenix Travel.

If you're coming to China/HK - contact them, if you need a flight out of China/HK - contact them, if you need a visa or anything else - contact them. Rocky? Diamond more like.

Another busy day, checked out of USA hostel and into another one in the same block - cheaper, bigger bed, nice big window, but not as nice shower, but I can live with that...

Then I met SJ Chan, published author and all round expert on the South China Guerrillas who took me for lunch at the prestigious HK Jockey Club - very nice - (and I felt completely underdressed in my travellers shorts and t-shirt). He berated me for "not getting in touch sooner... - like 20 years ago!" despite the fact that I was 10...

Then it was back to Phoenix to pick up my pass port book my flight home (see previous entry dad). Dinner with Peter and Rocky again (in HK's version of Yo Sushi) then back to theirs to peruse a few of peter's excellent book collection on the history of Hong Kong in photos (my starter book) building up to one in chinese... He's also been kind enough to let me borrow a couple before I go (Thanks Peter). Bedtime reading that certainly won't send me to sleep!

Elevenses with Jenny tomorrow and them some more exploring I think...

No comments: